Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to cycling!


I remember the first time i learnt to ride a bicycle... It was in Surat when my cousin took me specially to a near by lane where i could do my practice safely. I struggled balancing it, while he ran behind me, holding the carrier. He never let me fall. That was in 4th std.

Then for years, whenever he came down to Ahmedabad, we used to rent bicycles for Rs. 2 an hour. And we would chose our favourite bicycles from the lot available. 

In 9th std. when I got my own cycle, I went to tuitions on it and then started taking it to school too which was 6 km away. But it was fun riding with friends. During summer vacations, we went for a morning ride with friends. 

Now I have a two wheeler to go around. I always wish to have a bicycle so that I can take it around to nearby places. Hope this campaign motivates us to get back to cycling.

All the best Gunveen and Animesh!

1 comment: